During the Plague Times of COVID19 many homeschool alumni are looking for community that understands what it feels like to go into quarantine after spending a lifetime in inherent isolation. To this end, a small group of us have created a slack where we can vent, laugh, and share stories, even organize if desired.
Members of the community all agree to abide by the standards in this code of conduct. Adapted from East Bay for Everyone’s CoC:
Homeschool Alumni Slack is a supportive, safe, welcoming environment for all, regardless of level of political involvement, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, nationality, or other similar characteristics.
- Please be kind and courteous to each other. No personal attacks; direct strong emotions at ideas, not individuals. There’s no need to be mean or rude.
- Political debate is greatly encouraged and part of how we develop. Be respectful, use healthy forms of discourse, and be open to new ideas. This isn’t a science.
- Respect that people have differences of opinion and that every decision carries a trade-off and numerous costs. There is seldom a right answer, especially in political activism.
We will exclude you from interaction if you insult, demean, or harass anyone. That is not welcome behavior. Our definition of harassment includes:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Sharing or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Sharing or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“outing” or “doxing”), regardless if said information is technically public, the result could be bullying or harassment.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, age, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcome sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
Remarks that violate these standards of conduct, including hateful, hurtful, oppressive, or exclusionary remarks, won’t be tolerated. Cursing is fine but never targeting another member and never in a hateful manner.
Private harassment is unacceptable. Likewise any spamming, trolling, flaming, baiting, or other attention-stealing behavior is not welcome.
If you experience harassment from a member of the group, reach out to @kieryn.
If you agree to abide by this Code of Conduct and want to join the slack, email kieryn.