I’m Kieryn Darkwater and I’m a CA Democratic Party Assembly District Delegate for AD18
I am a disabled, bisexual, transmasculine, nonbinary, lifelong organizer with the skills and experience that we need to bring the Democratic Party into the accessible, diverse, and inclusive future we all strive for. That future is now, and I’m here to step up to the plate and make our vision a reality.
I will support candidates, community leaders, and a party platform that prioritizes:
- Healthcare for all; anything that makes it possible to provide free coverage to all Californians (and beyond!) without the dehumanizing income assessment requirements.
- Housing as a Human Right; banning evictions, stronger tenant protections, building an abundance of homes for everyone, and repealing Article 34 to make social housing possible.
- Social Justice and Equity; seeking out and uplifting the voices of folks who are usually marginalized and discriminated against, and following through to address those inequities.
- Information Accessibility and Transparency; making the Democratic Party easier to understand and participate in.
- 2021 ADEM Election ResultsI’m posting the PDF of the 2021 ADEM Election results here because the CDP inexplicably removed them from the website. I think it’s absolute bullshit that the CDP has erased all mention of Assembly District Delegates and this year’s race from the website and it’s important that this public information be, well, public. So I’m […]
- Question 2The ballots for the Sept 14 recall election are in the mail and voting is underway. The Democrat party line is that you should vote No on the Recall (Question 1) and leave Question 2 (voting for the replacement candidate) blank. I can’t just leave question 2 blank though. When I lived in Maine it […]
- Janani Ramachandran for State Assembly Meet & Greet 5/17 at 5:30When Janani emailed me for a chat earlier this year I wasn’t sure what to expect, but after talking a while I was really impressed and ready to throw my support behind her for the Assembly District 18 seat. Janani has spent her law career fighting for social justice, protecting tenants and domestic violence survivors. […]
- CDP Power DistributionToday is the first day of the annual CA Democratic Party Convention, hosted online for the first time ever. Prior to this convention, I’ve only ever been to the vendor hall as a booth volunteer so I don’t really know what to expect. Last week, we got the results of the Party Officer races. Rusty […]
- CDP Officer ElectionsThe election for CDP Officers has started already. My partner and I are both voting members so our mailbox is crammed full of election materials every day. I don’t mind, some pieces are Art and having worked on mailers, I know how much effort goes into it. My favorites so far are Jenny Bach’s Burn […]